Last modified: 04/01/2015
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you access or use any of our Internet websites (our “Websites”)
- Our Websites include itstep.us and itstep.us
Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect through our Websites and in e-mail, text messages, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with our Websites.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to or is collected by any third party
As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Websites:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use our Websites.
Information You Provide to Us.
When you register with or use our Websites, we may ask you to provide information:
- Which may personally identify you, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, organization name, and credit or debit card information (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as title, position, company name, etc.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or contacting us through our Websites. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Websites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you may carry out through our Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Photographs, videos and other pictures, files and other information of any kind that you upload through our Websites.
Automatic Information Collection And Tracking.
When you access and use our Websites we may use technology to automatically collect:
Usage Details. When you access and use our Websites, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of our Websites, including location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through our Websites.
Device Information. If you access our Websites from a mobile device, we may collect information about your mobile device and Internet connection, including, if not prohibited by law or other restrictions applicable to us, the device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
Stored Information and Files. Our Websites also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your computer or device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
Location Information. Use of our Websites through a mobile device also may result in access of real-time information about the GPS location of your device if you enable the “Location” feature on your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not use our Websites. You can also opt-out by sending an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, in which case we will delete your user account.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or from you.
Information Collection And Tracking Technologies.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your mobile device or web browser. It may be possible to refuse or to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your device or computer. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Websites.
- Beacons. Pages of our Websites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Location Services. If you enable or do not disable Location services through your device, we may collect location-based information from your device.
We may use a third party to implement and manage collection and tracking technologies on our behalf and for our use only in accordance with this policy.
Third-party Information Collection
When you use our Websites or their content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your computer or mobile device.
These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your computer or mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about our users. This may include information about users’ use of our Websites and other apps and Websites to serve them interest-based (behavioral) advertising. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used.
If you have any questions about an advertisement, you should contact the responsible advertiser directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to, through email and/or text messaging:
- Provide you with access to our Websites and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, including evaluating you for admission if you have submitted an application or accepting tuition or other payments if you are our student.
- Give you notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices, if applicable.
Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when Website updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through our Websites.
- Provide you with sales and marketing communications.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our user size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests and to improve our Websites.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use our Websites
We use location information we collect to determine when and where our Websites are being used.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, do not register on or use our Websites, send us an email stating your request to email@example.com, and we will unsubscribe you from any email lists we maintain or control and cancel your account.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates to use for multiple internal purposes, including analyzing demographic data, marketing, business development, financing and other business purposes.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we may use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website, if we have such a feature, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- To collect and process any payments you make, which may be made directly through our Website or directly or indirectly through a third party service provider we retain to collect and process any payments you make. We contractually require third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which it is disclosed to them.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We provide you with limited choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow our Websites to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy or location settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of our Website may then be inaccessible or not function properly through your device.
Promotion by Us. If you do not want us to use your e-mail address, mobile telephone number or other contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, [do not register on or use our Websites, and send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will cancel your account or remove you from our email list, as you request. In addition, you have the ability to unsubscribe for any marketing emails by clicking the applicable link at the bottom of each marketing email.
Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, do not register on or use our Websites, send an email stating your request to email@example.com and we will cancel your account.
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, do not use or register on our Websites or send an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will cancel your account on our Websites
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete certain personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: STEP Computer Academy LLC, 13208 Bellevue, WA 98005
Attention: Privacy Compliance
Children under the Age of 13
Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and other confidential personal information you provide us will be encrypted using encryption technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Websites such as message boards. Any user of our Websites may be able to view the information you share in public areas.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.